Saturday, January 14, 2012

To Remember: Fly-tying Boutonnieres

Today was very emotional and heartfelt for myself and family as we celebrated the life of my Grandfather. With my wedding just months away I feel it is important to remember that a wedding is not just a celebration, but a time to look back and remember the loved ones that have shaped you into the person now standing at that alter. With that in mind I have been reflecting on special ways to honor my beloved Grandfather as I take the first step into the journey of marriage. My sister ingeniously suggested using fly-tying as boutonnieres to honor our Grandfather. I couldn't love the idea more, a fly-tying is the perfect way to commemorate our avid fisherman Grandfather! I will definitely be making this idea a reality for my big day.

For all you other brides, not only is this a unique and meaningful twist on the traditional boutonniere but it is a budget-savvy option too! Here are a few fly-tying/fishing boutonnieres that have me inspired:

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

1 comment:

  1. We love this idea! Our son is getting married this summer and this is perfect for him! Any tips on making these would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete