Sunday, April 17, 2011

DIY Mason Jar Lanterns

On this lazy Sunday afternoon, Daniel and I figured why not tackle a DIY that I can share?! I have posted about DIY mason jar lanterns previously but now I have a more detailed guide for you all! Yay!

Supplies:
  • Galvanized Steel Wire (Can be found at any hardware store)
  • Wire Cutter
  • Needle Noise Pliers
  • Mason Jars
  • Candles




  1. Remove lids from mason jars
  2. Cut 2 pieces of wire with wire cutter
(Size will vary depending on size of jar and desired handle size)
  • 1 for the handle
  • 1 to fasten around the lip of the jar
3. Work the wire intended for the handle with pliers, as seen below:


4. Shape wire intended for the lip of the jar into a circle

5. Attach handle shape (as seen in step 3) to the lip wire

6. Place around mason jar, use pliers to twist together and fasten wire tightly

7. Add candle

8. Light, hang, and enjoy!

I cannot wait to hang these around the reception on my big day! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment